Saturday 24 May 2014

Spotted in Kumba: Orange-cheeked Waxbill Finches

Spotted recently are these lovely Orange-Cheeked Waxbills. With my limited experience in bird watching, I'm quite happy to be able to readily distinguish certain main bird categories. Finches like this previously featured one, are lovely to watch. The Orange-Cheeked Waxbills seem to skip about in large groups when they are looking for food. These little fellows were spotted by the side of the road during one of my walks. I couldn't get any closer and my camera is a bit limited ... or I don't know how to use it properly... but I'm happy to have this addition to my collection.  In all honesty, I'm by no means an expert on birds. Most of what I now know comes from a combination of short-term observation, National Geography, and searching for info about the birds I'm lucky to capture during my amateur photography endeavors. For this reason, rather than copying and pasting info, I'll be redirecting you to articles of interest, for those of you who wish to read further about particular birds. Here is a very detailed article on this bird type.  Enjoy...





Orange-Cheeked Waxbill Finches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...