Thursday 7 March 2013

Spotted: Cattle Egrets

Been keeping an eye out for some "boyds" that stalk cattle for a living! My first attempt shooting at a great distance with maximum zoom on my COOLPIX L810. These animals congregate, in large numbers, almost every morning in the yard to feast on worms and insects. I haven't caught the flock on camera yet because I'm usually in the process of getting the kids ready for school when I've spotted them through the window. Theirs is a really early treat and only lasts about a minute. Hoping to catch them soon. The cattle were grazing in the field where the kids from MBAI do physical ed on Wednesday mornings. Initially I was worried about the ticks that may be left on the grass, then I noticed the Cattle Egrets... Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...